Monday 29 July 2013

A Letter I Signed.

As usual, I didn't think my next post would be about this... Actually, I had thought this would've ended up as a Poem (*koff* poetry blog here *koff*). I honestly thought that my next blog post would've been about the amazing summer days I've had.. or the reminiscing I've done recently.. or something like that. But no. Apparently I'm not the boss here at impulseprose; I'm merely the medium or whatever. But Alas, Things happen.

In a way this is all about a friend I had kind of forgotten. I know this seems to contradict my beliefs on friendship but let me explain a bit. I didn't really forget her... She migrated and I just lost touch. I'm not sure how, but I did. It's not a proper excuse, but it's all I have. She didn't mind though (just saying). Now normally I would post screenshots of conversations I refer to in this blog. But I never got the chance to get her permission and there are some stuff I wouldn't be at liberty to freely disclose... so I apologise for neglecting my usual modus operandi.

She was apart of a group of 1st formers I befriended when I was in 4th form. Now I don't particularly enjoy "Little People" (as I would come to call them as I entered upper school), but there are a few who stand out... and I LOVE people who stand out. It was because of Drama Club really, but yeah. We shared a lot of moments, all of us, my friends and hers. Bake Sales, Productions, Fall Outs, Foolishness of all kinds. We went through two Drama Club Presidents: One Stellar, the other just No. We all, including her, were the club's future (as I'm now president and all). But she migrated at the end of (my) 5th form year.

Of the "Little People" I considered her my favourite.

I won't go into it too much but I found out that she had some problems. At the time I wasn't as helpful as I was now, and I was more comedic value, but I tried to help because I can't stand seeing my friends in shitty moods. It Rubs Me The Wrong Way. Like I'm no fighter, but I'd get beat up for a friend as much as I'd probably joke that "If ah fight bruk out is You and God alone, enuh". But that's just a front. I've learnt more and more often that I care, many times, more about others than myself (usually to my own detriment).

Anyways, it was her birthday recently and I don't normally S/O people on their birthdays (I don't know why >__>) but I had felt the urge to do so, but still didn't.. So today I decided to message her, give her a "Happy Belated Birthday" and run a few jokes... then I remembered:


 
I admit that that is a weird statement (but meh, I love being weird) . But it was true. The passive knowledge that she was happy around me (and our friends) made me realise something, though I never knew what it was at the time. But it took me two years to realise this, I mean, the realisation just dawned on me tonight/this morning:
 
 
 
(I reordered the tweets by the way.. )
 
 
"Not Everybody can make a Crying Girl Smile"
 

I recounted this story because it has reminded me of a very important truth. Throughout our lives we interact with many people, and many times one can feel that he/she really doesn't leave a dent, a footprint, a mark or whatever in anyone's lives. But believe me, You, Her, Me; we are all important to someone. We have all left a mark on someone's life (hopefully, however that it is a positive one)... and also, We all have someone, or people, who have left a mark on ours.
 
Your interactions are like letters you've written. Think, however, not about the amount you've sent, but about the amount you've signed.
 
Just Reminiscing,
Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment